Saturday 24 August 2013

Lindsey Stirling @ Martin Place

Untitled

Lindsey Stirling was performing for the Sunrise show for a pre-recorded performance at Martin Place. I am going to her show this coming Wednesday and I am very excited. She was scheduled to perform at 9am so I arrived at 8am, as I wasn't quite sure how famous she was here in Sydney. When I got there, there was quite a crowd. However, it was for Jessie J. Truth be told, I didn't know who Jessie J was - although I later recognised her music- but I definitely didn't know what she looked like.

Untitled

Untitled
There were probably around 120 people for Jessie J's performance and for Lindsey, there were a maximum of 30. And I was pretty sure that most weren't sure who she was, but they just wanted to be on tv. Namely all the teens and tweens.

She is amazing. My favourite pieces and covers by her include:

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

At the end of her performance, I went to the side in the hope of getting a photo with her. I am still quite bummed that I just missed out as the security guard had almost taken my camera, but her tour manager said, "no more photos". I try not to let it bother me, but it still does bother me. I am understanding that they do have a schedule and can't stick around forever. HOWEVER, considering that there were only 10 people waiting at the side (and I am guessing the only fans out of the meesly 30 people who viewed her performance {the channel 7 people tried to squish people together as much as they could, just to give the illusion that there were a lot more people than what the actual situation was}) it really didn't make much sense as to why she couldn't stay for another 3 minutes maximum. Out of the 10 people, she took a photo with 3. I mean really? It honestly still baffles me.

Untitled

Side note, she is actually quite short. Even shorter than I am, which is surprising because I didn't expect that.

Untitled

Also, all the teens that were watching her performance were hanging around for this guy. Adam. They were all gushing over him and managed to take a photo with him. I don't even know. Also, some of the girls were there for the drummer who was also Reece Mastin's drummer. Hmm.

Untitled

Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)