Thursday 1 January 2015

Bruges

Bruges! The last city in Belgium that we visited and now one of my favourite cities of all time!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
Shhh I'm actually not a big fan of waffles. But when in Belgium.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
Windmills!

Bruges was actually quite busy with tourists, especially in the main square. However once you stepped three streets away, the crowds disappeared. We loosely followed the route provided on Silent Strolling through Silent Bruges which was a lovely walk.

Overall Thoughts
Belgium was a country I had always wanted to visit. It met my expectations in being both quite beautiful and also .. not. The contrast between super nice and super dodgy looking areas was quite significant. I find the language situation quite interesting and the governance of the country too. 

Not entirely sure if I would visit again as a single minded goal, but maybe if I was in a neighbouring country. 

8 comments:

  1. Well at least you enjoyed the Belgium waffles. I think Europe as a whole is quite interesting, so many countries that are multilingual and it is confusing how a country can govern when their entire population can't communicate it the same language.

    www.rosa-dyn.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bruges is so gorgeous! It was my first choice in Belgium but I couldn't find a bus connection for it. Your photos are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. A bus connection from where?? I pretty much based myself in Brussels and took day trips to Antwerp and Bruges

      Delete
  3. Bruges looks beautiful from these photos... as do those waffles, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got ridiculously excited about those windmills! haha
    Looks like a beautiful trip!
    So I don't really love waffles either but I am willing to make an exception for that one :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was in Bruges for a short stopover on my first Euro trip, I wish I got to see more of the place! It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally get what you mean, family of mine live in Belgium and they think that it's sure is a beautiful country, but one of the main things that make Belgium not as pretty is their linear settlements. They have a few gorgeous cities, but also an incredible amount of dodgy places. - I've never visited Bruges, but it's still on my list.. maybe in 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome and beautiful captures and really interesting to learn of your thoughts of the country!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)