Sunday 17 July 2016

Bouddi National Park & Wisemans Ferry

I had rented the car for the entire length of the long weekend and thus headed up north to the Central Coast for a day trip. Bouddi National Park had been on my radar for well over 7 months now however it required a car to get there and it wasn't a high priority for me. But alas I made the drive up since it was reasonably close!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

The coastal walk was quite lengthy and I didn't have the time / didn't plan on completing the walk. Maybe another time. I did do 20 mins of it and saw the incredible sandstone rocks! They were unlike anything I had ever seen before!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

As I had a few hours before my allocated vehicle drop off, I headed to Wisemans Ferry. This is allegedly a town north of Sydney, however I think it is also part of Sydney since it forms part of the Hills region. Nonetheless, the drive down through Berowra Waters was kind of terrifying. I am not a very confident driver and winding down very steep hills with a recommended speed of 5kmph was .. stressful.

There really wasn't anything to see or do at Wisemans Ferry; I didn't do much research and effectively looked at the map and decided to head there. There was a weekend market and I picked up some local honey and the standard gozleme which is at every single market. Ever.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

This was the last day of the Queen's Birthday long weekend. The day wasn't as exciting or mentally rewarding as the previous two days however it was still nice to head out of "Sydney". It made me realise that I really do enjoy the freedom of seeing just .. vastness and that is why I am so excited for Mongolia which is fast approaching. I find myself feeling quite trapped in Sydney more often than not.

This was my eighth trip as part of #take12trips. To see previous trips please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)