Thursday 18 January 2018

Adventures in Sydney: Two Creeks Track



Too often I delay things simply because, 'I will get around to it one day'. As I don't foresee a move from my current location within the next few years, I take the places nearby for granted and slowly become complacent.

Two Creek Track

There have been numerous occasions over the past few years where I have thought that I should visit the area underneath the Roseville Bridge. In fact, for the past 2 years, I have crossed the bridge at least 4 times a week and still never organised a visit! Until now. Well more accurately, until a few weeks ago.

Two Creek Track

Two Creek Track

My first outing during my summer break was a bushwalk on the Two Creeks Track. The first half of the 7.5km track was fairly easy however there were steep and rocky sections in the latter half.

Two Creek Track

Two Creek Track

There is just something so calming about walking in nature alone (and with the occasional walkers who are walking from the other direction).

Two Creek Track
A row of palm trees by the river. I wonder who planted them and why.

Two Creek Track

Two Creek Track

Two Creek Track

The track eventually crossed into Garigal National Park. This area was used as a training site for bridge building and other training for WWI.

Two Creek Track

By the end of the walk, I was quite hot and sweaty. There was less tree cover and I had also accidentally veered off from the main path which resulted in some reverse crab crawling down a boulder. Whoops.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)