Thursday 13 September 2018

Canberra


S and I headed down to Canberra over the Queen's birthday long weekend. We stayed at the same hotel as the previous year; perhaps the start of a tradition.

A peaceful stroll around Jerrabomberra Wetlands Nature Reserve where we saw a mob of kangaroos.








This was followed by amazing German food from Harmonie German Club. They have a piece of the Berlin wall in the car park.






The following day, we walked around Lake Burley Griffith and ate our pilfered bacon & egg rolls from the hotel's breakfast by the water's edge.











The National Arboretum Canberra was pretty awesome and would have looked specatular during autumn (as most of the trees were bare during our visit). Or spring with the blooming cherry blossoms.




The coolest part of the arboterum was the bonsai displays. It was mind boggling to see a gum tree in such a tiny size!






I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons,
I love her jewel-sea,
Her beauty and her terror
The wide brown land for me!
My Country - Dorothea Mackellar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)