Tuesday 20 November 2018

Adventures in Sydney: Jacaranda & Sub Base Platypus


Before the final weeks of the year descends and the accompanying madness ensues, the streets of Sydney are filled with stunning purple jacarandas. It is definitely one of my favourite times of the year.

Unlike last year, I have been mainly admiring the trees from afar; on my walk to and from work and in the car on the weekends. But I did make a special trip out to Kirribilli last week.






It was definitely a pretty sight, but I'm not entirely convinced of the massive appeal of the street compared to others in Sydney. I think I much prefer to enjoy the blooms away from the crowds

After the jacaranda viewing, we headed to Sub Base Platypus (formerly a gasworks site, then became a torpedo factory and submarine base) to visit the newly opened park.






Random photo from our lunch at sushi train

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)