Thursday 31 January 2019

Adventures in Sydney: Australian Botanic Garden


A few years ago, I discovered that Western Australia is known for its wildflower display which spans between the months of June to November. I will visit one day. One day. But until then, a visit to the Australian Botanic Garden at Mount Annan would have to suffice.

The Garden's key attraction in the springtime is their paper daisy display, containing thousands of flowers. The flower is native to Western Australia and it is believed that it was first collected in 1699 at Shark Bay by William Dampier.




After admiring the daisies, we strolled around the rest of the garden. At the time of my visit, New South Wales (aka the state I live in) had been declared to be in drought and this was very obvious in the landscape.


Look at the colour contrast between the foreground vs background

The walks around the garden were not the typical scenic paths you might expect in a botanical garden. Rather, they consisted of the quintessential landscape of rural Australia; the dry, yellow grass and the occasional towering gum tree.






The Gardens are located near the the fringe of Sydney and also completely on the other side to where I live. To make the most of the day, we headed to Cabramatta for lunch. Cabramatta or Cabra has one of the largest Vietnamese communities in Australia and unsurprising, is known for having great Vietnamese food.


Pork chop


Pho


The highlight of the meal was definitely the ultra crispy chicken!

This outing was the first time I used my polarised lens filter. Think I still need to play around with it as these photos have some crazy vignetting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)