Monday 4 March 2019

Adventures in Sydney: Cape Banks Headland


'Happy Valley' in La Perouse was the largest migrant / unemployment camp in Sydney during the Great Depression. It operated from 1930 to 1939 and included 130 encampments and approximately 330 people. S's grandfather actually lived there for a little while. To learn more.

On one of the days I had off from work during the Christmas / New Year break, I headed for a quick walk to Cape Banks headland via the former location of 'Happy Valley'.






Although I own 5 lens, I have a tendency to almost exclusively use my Samyang 12mm F2.0 which I absolutely adore. In an attempt to diversify, I brought out my Helios 44-2. It is 58mm however on my APS-C camera, it is the equivalent of 87mm. Hence the style of this photo set.




Scattered around the headland are WWII bunkers which are - sadly - now covered with graffiti.




I though that the erosion resulted in some unique looking rock formations.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)