Saturday 9 August 2014

BoA Fraud Team, I Love You.

Well the only exciting part of my week was getting an email from Bank of America telling me that I had suspicious fraudulent activity on my debit card. And I did! There is a first for everything. Someone tried to buy $600 worth of electronics and pay for a $200 hotel. Jokes on them, I only had <$250 on that card and I didn't know banks were watching my transactions that closely. After a 40 minute call to America (hope I didn't spend over my cap amount ...) I will be getting a new debit card to me. It took forever to state the address I currently have and having to spell out Sydney and 'NSW' is weird. I sincerely hope that the card actually gets to me. When it does, I will finally be transferring money out of it and closing it. Originally I didn't want to pay the $50 in fees and I thought I would be doing more shopping on American sites, but after this experience it's just not worth the hassle. Also, the fraudulent activity only happened after I purchased jeans from Aeropostale. Hmm =/ I guess I never paid too much attention to online websites and assumed that they were safe, and never really thought about the work that banks do. You learn something new everyday.

When I was originally speaking to the operator, it felt like this.

N.B I don't know why her voice actually changes in her second and third try. I swear it wasn't like that in the movie.

I hate automated services. The frustrating moment when I was saying "fraud ... fraud.... FRAUD" and it refused to understand me.

7 comments:

  1. Haha love that video! I felt like that in America, they couldn't understand me when I said "tom-ah-to" (to-may-to to them).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's so good that they recognised the fraudulent activity early! Something similar recently happened to my dad's credit card, and we only realised by looking at the bill later :/

    How cheeky of them trying to pay for a hotel and electronics though :o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely agree! I don't know how they think that they would have gotten away with it to be honest.

      Delete
  3. What?! That's so crazy. Hope it all goes well for you, it'll be a good story for later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is alright now! They sent me a new debit card however also charged me $15 for it! Grr. Ah well

      Delete
  4. Sometimes I wonder how people who are sly enough to steal credit cards don't check the amount on it, try to spend heaps, and then attract attention. Gah people, but glad it all worked well for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am glad too :) Yeah, the jokes on them

      Delete

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)