Tuesday 29 July 2014

Melbourne: Last Day

I seem to have a tendency to forget about concluding travel posts (case in point, my major travel trip in 2012).

12th July 2014
This was our last day in Melbourne however we had plenty of time before our 8pm flight. First stop was breakfast at the QVM which was a stone's throw away.
Untitled
Potato borek. Mmmmm...

Untitled
Bratwurst with a ridiculous amount of sauerkraut.

We headed to the Melbourne Museum because it was free for students!
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
This was a little creepy, I have to admit.

Untitled
I don't know why, but the story of Phar Lap has always stuck with me. It is probably one of the few things - if not only thing- that I remember from Year 8 history. I think I also learnt something about mini skirts ... perhaps. Oh and watching the mini series Vietnam in class (Nicole Kidman looks nothing like that now. Quite funny).

Untitled

Untitled
Lunch at a random place in Chinatown. Plastic tasting dumplings.

We caught the airport bus from Southern Cross station and it reminded me an awful lot of the stations in Europe.

Untitled

Untitled

And that is the end of all my Melbourne posts. I guess I should put the standard two questions.

My Overall Thoughts
Now, the age old debate: Sydney or Melbourne. Truth be told, I don't have an opinion. To each their own. When it comes to major cities, I don't really understand the debate on which one is better because the way I see it, they are different in their own way and suburbs are almost always the same. I feel like Sydney feels busier, but is that a bad thing? Not necessarily. Personally, I'm not a big fan of big cities. A few people told me that they think that Melbourne is quite European, but I don't really see it. Melbourne feels like the love child of Philadelphia and Chicago.

Would I re-visit?
Not particularly. When I have a family - and granted that I am still in Sydney - I would probably visit as it is super close.

3 comments:

  1. I remember going to Melbourne Museum, it was cool! When it comes to Sydney vs Melbourne, I'm going to say Melbourne, since I live in Sydney and am a bit bored of it. I feel like Melbourne's got a bit more atmosphere! Although it is quieter.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)