Sunday 24 May 2015

Germany - Berlin & Dresden

Now jumping back to the middle of my trip. More photo heavy than my usual posts.

I didn't originally plan on visiting Germany again since I had spent quite a bit of time on my 2013 trip. However, my travelling partner wanted to visit and I was open to the idea. Germany is one of my favourite countries and I'm not really sure why. I think it may a combination of the way that life works (efficiency), the people and the culture.

Untitled
Last time I visited there was snow everywhere. This time no snow but just dreary weather.

Untitled
Reichstag Building - German Parliament

Untitled

I also wanted to visit/ trespass into Spreepark as my one and only chance before it got knocked down. However a few months before I left Sydney, a fire destroyed quite a lot of the buildings/ rides which was disappointing. In the end, I didn't go.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

One of the highlights in Berlin was finding a place that developed BW film for not only a reasonable price but also within 5 hours. That is insane! So happy that I found the place (although I still need to buy a negative scanner). A close second favourite was eating at Yarok and trying Syrian food for the first time. I just love how multicultural Berlin is.

Next stop (for a day) was Dresden! This was a super cute city and it was also where I discovered that Lift (soft drink) comes in other flavours apart from lemon! At Maccas I tried the Apple lift and I also had chicken wings... I also invariably (and regrettably) ended up at Maccas almost every Sunday throughout my trip since everything was closed.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
Dresdner Handbrot ergo the best thing that I have ever eaten. I would love to eat this every day.

Untitled

Untitled
Dresden Frauenkirche - the second prettiest church I have ever visited! (St Mark's Basilica in Venice is my all time favourite).

Untitled

Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)