Friday 19 June 2015

Tinder - P's Story

Hi, I'm Natalie and I use Tinder. Yes, really. The few people who do know about my use of the app in my life have been surprised since apparently it's not really, well, me.

I have amassed quite a collection of screenshots of absolutely hilarious messages that I have received. Some because they are so crude and others because ... well I guess they are quite crude but I just think its hilarious. Maybe this will be a series that I will have on my blog for the indefinite future. I am not sure how long I will use the app as I already gave it up over a month ago after a week of use and only picked it back up a few days ago. But nonetheless, I thought it might interesting to share my experiences of the interesting people that I have met on the app. Overall, the conversations I have with most people are quite boring. But I will write about the ones that have been memorable. I will only write about people once our interactions have ended.

Here is the story of P.
This was the first "normal" person that I talked to and we bonded funnily enough since he used to work at Target (where I currently work). We met up a total of three times over the course of three weeks and after the third time, he asked me to be his girlfriend. Seriously. What?! Objectively, it was a completely romantic move. We were sitting in this park in Pyrmont (that I never knew existed) and it had a spectacular view of the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the CBD skyline. In fact, it is currently my favourite place in Sydney. But I just wasn't the right girl. I declined since I didn't think we clicked. But he was a super awesome guy nonetheless.

But that isn't the end of the story. Two day later, he messaged me out of the blue and asked to meet me on my street (since he had dropped me off in the past). He drove 40 minutes to my street. In the car, we had a long hear to heart conversation. It was funny because it felt as though we were bickering like a couple. His final few words (since I wasn't changing my mind) honestly felt like I was getting dumped; "so I guess we just go our separate ways. Nip it in the bud." Two days after that, I messaged him and wished him the best of luck (because he was truly really cool) and we parted on sad, but good terms.

It makes me a little sad which is strange since we knew each other for such a short period of time. I don't have any insightful comments but simply these posts will just be a reflection of the people that have played a role in my "Tinder life".

Next up will be C! I have already written the post. And he is the polar opposite of P. (I already have someone in the pipeline after him too).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)