Wednesday 23 March 2016

Blackwood Pantry

There are always so many new cafes popping up in Sydney that it makes it really hard to keep up with them. That being said, it does get to the point where they are a little bit interchangeable. I guess at the end of the day, cafe food are all kind of similar.

When I visited Cronulla, I popped into the newly open Blackwood Pantry.

Untitled

Untitled

Similar to a lot of new cafes, it had a very clean, simple and beautiful interior with lots of natural light. I ordered the Buddha Bowl.

Untitled
Fried eggs, quinoa, kale, roasted cauliflower, pickled red cabbage, toasted almonds, lemon & buttermilk dressing - 17

It was amazing and it was so filling. I really loved the picked red cabbage (I am in a bit of a 'pickled' phase right now).

My dining partner ordered the Morning Glory.

Untitled
Soft boiled Egg, Chorizo, Tandoori roasted Sweet Potato, Kale, pickled Red Onion, whipped Goat Cheese, Avocado - 18

Funnily enough, my dining partner and I usually end up picking the same item and the Morning Glory was my second choice after the Buddha Bowl. I also really enjoyed it, especially the chorizo. However the highlight of the entire dish was the avocado! There has been an avocado drought which has meant that I have not been able to afford avocados lately. $4 for one? No way.

I would definitely recommend Blackwood Pantry if you are in the area. It's really simple, delicious and not overly expensive food.

Blackwood Pantry Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)