Monday 26 December 2016

Wattamolla Attempt #1


The trip to Wattamolla was our second attempt to reach the area; the first try was on foot. In hindsight, it was a little ambitious as it would have been a 20km hike in total. Moral of the story, drive to Wattamolla rather than completing the hike from Bundeena. And always wear insect repellent.

Untitled

Untitled
Untitled

There were so many flies that day and I - along with a lot of other people on the track - ended up using branches to swat away the flies.

I believe that the Royal National Park has increased in foot traffic ever since Instagram has promoted certain locations in the park. For instance, the famous Wedding Cake Rock. I am sure you have seen countless photos on Instagram and Pinterest of people sitting on the edge of the cliff. Sadly, they have now had to fence off the area due to safety reasons. However, people still jump the fence to take that iconic photo. Perhaps I am too risk adverse, but is it really worth it to take the shot that everyone has?

Untitled
Wedding Cake Rock

Around 8km into the walk, we turned back as we were too tired and the flies were so incredibly frustrating.

Untitled

Untitled

On the return leg, we stopped at Little Marley Beach for a quick swim. Or more accurately, my boyfriend went for a quick swim and I waded in the waves on the beach as the water was still quite cold.

Untitled

Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)