Friday 21 April 2017

Central West Roadtrip: Autumn Leaves in Orange

Central West Roadtrip

Central West Roadtrip

Another long weekend and another roadtrip! This time I headed to Central West of NSW out towards Orange and Condobolin. I originally wanted to head to Warrumbungle National Park, past Dubbo, as it is Australia's only Dark Sky Park.
A dark-sky preserve is an area, usually surrounding a park or observatory, that is kept free of artificial light pollution. The purpose of a dark sky preserve is generally to promote astronomy.
However, I wasn't convinced it would be that much more amazing than another area in the region and eventually decided against it. Plus, I wasn't excited about the bushwalks at the national park either.

First stop on my roadtrip was Orange. Orange is 254km west of Sydney and is known as a "Colour City" due to the autumn leaves. The area is also known for fresh produce and wineries however as I am not a massive foodie, my appeal lay with the leaves. I had been wanting to visit Orange in the autumn for a few years now. This may sound quite silly for people who live in the Northern Hemisphere / areas where there are deciduous trees however the native trees in Australia (except for one in Tasmania) are evergreens and autumn isn't as visually exciting.

Warning: this post is image heavy with photos of leaves.

Central West Roadtrip

Central West Roadtrip

Central West Roadtrip

Central West Roadtrip

Central West Roadtrip

Central West Roadtrip

Central West Roadtrip

Central West Roadtrip

Central West Roadtrip
Lake Canobolas

Central West Roadtrip

Sadly, I was a little early as most trees were still green and there were a few that were yellow, orange or slightly red.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)