Friday 28 April 2017

Central West Roadtrip: Iandra Castle

Central West Roadtrip
Waking up to this beauty
Central West Roadtrip

There is a castle in NSW! Technically Iandra Castle isn't a castle in the strictest definition. However, it is what the homestead is known as colloquially and it has stuck. The structure is privately owned and they only have a few open days a year (coinciding with the long weekends). Admission is $10 per person and all the proceeds go towards the restoration of the castle as they do not receive any government funding.

Central West Roadtrip
Central West Roadtrip

Central West Roadtrip
Ft. me!

The 13000 hectare property was purchased by Greene in 1878 and this two storey dwelling was completed in 1908. It was very very busy when I went and was quite a sight! Driving past pastoral lands and farmlands, and suddenly there was a long queue of cars and the castle in the middle of no where!

Central West Roadtrip
I had quite a few people laugh at me because I was using self timer (my $3 ebay remote keeps failing me but works perfectly when I test it at home). No one offered to help me take a photo though .....

Central West Roadtrip

Central West Roadtrip

Central West Roadtrip

Central West Roadtrip

It was definitely an interesting visit and something worthwhile to visit if you are in the area on the open day. In fact most people brought things for a picnic in front of the castle which is a lovely idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)