Tuesday 11 June 2019

The Final Vivid


I have been to see Vivid semi-regularly over the last 10 years, however, my interest in the event has been diminishing after each visit.

The first stop for the night was at a hole in the wall eatery; a family run Malaysian restaurant (Kopitiam). I ordered the beef rendang largely because I had just finished reading Home and there were frequent references to the dish. The food was so lovely and definitely the highlight of the night!








Chicken laksa


Beef Rendang

Vivid is more than just pretty light sculptures; there are talks and music events. However I only ever went for the light sculptures and I found it utterly strange that this year, there were more buskers, vendors selling pointless light up accessories and food trucks around the city than actual sights. I ended up spending the majority of time at the Overseas Terminal to see the Opera House and the Harbour Bridge away from the masses.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)