Sunday 30 June 2019

Adventures in Sydney: Lake Parramatta


Breathe. In and out.

Life has been busy and I haven't had the chance to venture out into nature to reconnect. If I'm being honest, I just haven't prioritised it. Although I have been trying to incorporate small changes in my everyday life, detours to a green-er space in an attempt to get the nature fix.



Lake Parramatta had been on my to-visit list for a while and I finally detoured to it on my recent day off. I didn't have the right shoes on and quickly abandoned the idea of completing the circuit path once I encountered a stream running over a portion of the track.






I watched the rainbow lorikeets and galas swoop across the sky and actively tried to ignore the noise of the busy road just over yonder. If I tried really hard, I could pretend I was in a more isolated spot and not just a stone's throw from the other hub in Sydney (are they still trying to make Parramatta the next CBD?)

My mind has been frazzled, coping with life stresses and also trying to decipher the actions of those who only contact when it suits their needs.

This too shall pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)