Wednesday 31 July 2019

Adventures in Sydney: Oatley Park


For my weekly dose of nature, I ventured to a new area of Sydney, Oatley Park located in Sydney's south.







Wattles are starting to bloom which makes me happy.

I recently attempted to read Eucalyptus and The Bush and, although I ended up giving up on both books, I gained a new appreciation of eucalyptus trees. Admiring the shape of the leaves and the way it hangs down from the branches, all these minute details that make them so unique.






We saw flocks of sulfur crested cockatoos, the occasional lone kookaburra and even a few Rosellas (I was very excited about this as I had only seen them once before).




Such a lovely way to start the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)