Tuesday 6 September 2011

Wendy Whiteley's 'Secret Garden'

My friend and I decided to have picnic at Wendy Whiteley's 'Secret Garden' this morning. After some mishaps and aimlessly wandering through the park trying to locate this 'secret garden' we finally stumbled upon it. Other blogs had merely stated that it was down a flight of stairs; there were a lot of stairs in the area.  But they were correct, it was down a flight of stairs right next to Indian Harbourside Restaurant.

Picnic


Wendy Whiteley's Secret Garden 1


Wendy Whiteley's Secret Garden 2


Wendy Whiteley's Secret Garden 3


Wendy Whiteley's Secret Garden 4


Wendy Whiteley's Secret Garden 5


Wendy Whiteley's Secret Garden 6


Kumquat


Wendy Whiteley's Secret Garden 7


Wendy Whiteley's Secret Garden 9


The garden was fairly nice although when I heard the words 'secret garden' I had vivid images of the secret garden as described in Frances Hodgson Burnett's novel. Although I guess they did bear similarities minus the hidden door and walls. Nevertheless a unique place and unexpected. The effort in the creation of the garden was obvious and the intricate paths and scattered items throughout the garden was very exciting. Though, it was a bit bizarre; right next to the garden was the train line and so if you looked up and across you would see it contrasted with the garden. There was also a kumquat tree which was unexpected.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)