Monday 14 October 2013

Hunter Valley

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

As I wrote last post, over the weekend I visited the Hunter Region in New South Wales. Originally, we had planned to leave at 1pm however we only left at 2.15pm. It was a nice ride to the Hunter Region, although when we started to near, it became so much warmer, an almost burning sensation.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
Sunrise. I didn't realise that the place we were staying at was in such a dip, in hindsight I should have trekked 10 minutes to the top of a hill.

Untitled

On the Sunday, my sister, brother and sister's boyfriend were completing the ride and I was planning on wandering around the region. I had intentions of checking out Pokolbin, however once I actually reached the 'town', I discovered it was merely an intersection. Literally.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
The horse I was petting. They are so lovely.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled


I walked a grand total of 13km on the shoulder of the road, the occasional bike path and for the last 7km, just on the edge of the road. I admit it was a little awkward walking along the road whilst everyone was in a car. Ah well.



Later, my sister and I went wine tasting and also cheese tasting. As I said previously, I am not much of a wine drinker, but we tried sweet wines predominately late harvest and moscatos which were lovely. Not the biggest fan of red wine, although I did try the most amazing red wine on the planet (because it was not dry at all). If only they were sold at the local liquor stores and not only at cellar doors.

Untitled
Hands down the coolest drink ever. The first taste is a sickly sweet butterscotch followed instantly by a super hot chilli-burning sensation. Seriously, completely weird.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)