Friday 25 October 2013

Oxford

8th January 2013
My trip in Europe was planned predominately by Sunbear, especially for the last leg of it. He originally had plans for me to spend somewhere in the vicinity of 5 months in the UK because he had listed so many cities and towns to visit. In the end, I settled on visiting Oxford since it was relatively close to London. The bus departed from London Victoria station which is a central station and completely hectic as it was during rush hour. I had to cut across from one end to the other, and it was so difficult.

Untitled

I caught the bus to Oxford and, as I was one of the first to board the bus, I managed to get the very front seat on the second level. Now, I was never allowed to sit there as a child on the Hong Kong buses since my mother always feared that if there was an accident, I would be the first to die. I have to say that she would have been right after seeing photos like this and this, and oh look, this too! That being said, it gave me good view and hey, some lovely photos.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Oxford!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Oxford was pretty and charming. However, it eventually got a little less charming after a while. Sandstone building here, sandstone building there.

Untitled
Super blurry :(

It was really awkward when people tried to tell me to try British food because I can eat is so easily back at Sydney. For lunch I went to a small cafe and had fish and chips since I had my fair share of hamburgers. I am not a fan of fish generally (excluding salmon) and especially not fried fish. The last time I had fried fish was back in 2008 (I believe) and 4 years later, I am still not a fan. I'm not entirely sure why I don't like it, but I just don't.

My Overall Thoughts
Whilst it was nice to leave London for the day, I was a little disappointed with Oxford. But, all in all, it was still a nice day.

Would I re-visit?
Nope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)