Wednesday 18 June 2014

The Grounds of Alexandria

I completed my final exam today and it was horrible. In the earlier years of my degree, all the later year students raved about the benefits of picking your own electives and studying what you actually wanted to study. I have now completed 8 electives and only 1 has been worthwhile. The rest have been varying levels of disappointing and the subject that I completed my exam for today was just a joke. A complete joke. Who changes an exam from 3hrs to 2hrs only 30 minutes before the exam started without telling any of his students. Who examines material that wasn't covered in class. Just ridiculous.

After the dreadful exam, A. met up and we headed to the Grounds of Alexandria.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

We didn't eat at the cafe as there were just so many people and it was so dark in there. There was also a surprisingly amount of people at The Grounds considering it was a Wednesday. Instead we ate at the Garden Bar. Well that was disappointing. I don't really expect to pay $13 for my burger + chips for it to simply taste as though the innards of a Maccas quarter pounder was placed between a generic white bread roll. Hmm.

Untitled

Untitled


We headed back to Manly for some Froyo (I always pick the worst flavours. I don't know how NY Cheesecake tasted even sweeter than vanilla) and watched the sunset.

Untitled

Untitled

4 comments:

  1. Wow, the exam change sounds awful. There is nothing worse than being tested on something that was never covered as well. The Grounds of Alexandria is always such a lovely place to brunch, but I always get turned off by the crowd! There are sooooo many people every time I go. Tbh I prefer their takeaway menu if it's for lunch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your exam :( I haven't been to grounds of Alexandria, too bad about the burger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Manly is such a lovely place. One of my fav in Sydney. It's actually quite funny to see others photos of places you always go to and know so well. Thanks btw for the lovely comment! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)