Monday 9 June 2014

Vivid Sydney 2014

Untitled

On Friday night, I visited Vivid Sydney. It is crazy that a year has already passed. I had plans originally to visit during the middle of the week, back when Sydney was stuck in its 20+ degree Celsius days. But alas timing didn't really work out. I'm not actually sure if I enjoy Vivid per se, but I definitely enjoy feeling like a tourist and being excited about something in Sydney. I guess that is the downside of living here basically my entire life; Sydney is quite dull.

Untitled

Untitled

We arrived just after 6pm and it wasn't that crowded yet (actually we entered and left Circular Quay by back routes so I wasn't really sure if it was super crowded).

Untitled

Untitled
This was actually very annoying since the lights were actually ridiculously bright.

Untitled
My favourite installation.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

We went up onto the Overseas Passenger Terminal to take photos. The lookout/observatory itself was a little awkward since 4 people had set up camp with their camping chairs at the spot with the best views of the Opera House.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
The world is slanted.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

I wasn't very impressed with the Aquatique Water Theatre at the Darling Harbour. We watched the 9pm and 10pm show and surprisingly, they were both different. I didn't get it. At the 9pm one, it somehow transitioned from Miley Cyrus' 'Wrecking Ball', to the main theme song of Swan Lake to an opera piece. What? At the 10pm one, it seemed to be an ad for things that were playing in Sydney; the Lion King, Strictly Ballroom and then some ballet performance (not sure which one). Random.

Untitled
I don't know why we were eating ice cream in 14 degree weather. Though unlike last year, my beloved wool coat actually kept me toasty warm.

Untitled

Untitled

Not entirely sure what happened (no one seems to know) but soon after we arrived at the bus stop, 4 police cars pulled up along with the ambulance. Also two news photographers snapped some photos of the scene.

Untitled
Walking home.

Untitled
Canon HQ allowed you to print your photos (including A3 if your heart desired).

2 comments:

  1. Ooh you got some really good photos! I agree, the Darling Harbour water show was a bit lame and the music was definitely dodgy haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen so many posts about this, but your photos really do bring it to life!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)