Tuesday 10 March 2015

Ettalong to Pearl Beach

Catching the ferry from Palm Beach to the Central Coast was a day trip that I had placed on the back burner since 2013. I finally decided to do this day trip and I am very glad that I did.

As I do live in the northern part of Sydney, I simply caught the bus to Palm Beach Wharf, followed by the ferry to Ettalong. It was a beautiful day; Sydney is not always blue skies and sun, but I tend to only go out on those type of days.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

The plan was to walk from Ettalong Beach to Patonga. I didn't quite make it to Patonga as I had underestimated the walk. Conversely, I had overestimated my abilities.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
So I was walking on the "path" and then it just ended.

Untitled
So then I decided to clamber across these rocks, until I realised halfway across that it was entirely idiotic, so I went back.

Untitled
But I eventually found the path.

At a beachside cafe, I bought a packet of mixed lollies for $1 and it had lollies that I haven't had since I was a kid. This included: red frogs, milk bottles, sherbert lollipop, pythons and those dodgy, and probably toxic, banana lollies. It was very nostalgic but also sickening as I don't really eat lollies anymore.

Untitled

I finally made it to the start of the track from Pearl Beach to Patonga however I stopped 30 minutes in as I realised I wouldn't have enough time to head to Patonga and back to Ettalong wharf. Maybe next time, but the beaches I did visit were absolutely gorgeous already. As I had 40 minutes to kill, I sat on a rock and just read on my Kindle.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

I walked a total of around 15km and am dead tired. I always seem to have that problem though, walking a lot further than what I think it is.

2 comments:

  1. I've never really been up there! It looks nice though, will keep it in mind for a day trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Killing time reading with a beautiful view, how wonderful.

    Best, Albert | Palming Pebbles

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)