Sunday 23 August 2015

Adventures in Sydney: Auburn

Auburn was a suburb that I wanted to visit for a while and for the Sydneysiders/Australians, how ridiculous is this. Seriously ridiculous.

Untitled

Why Auburn? It is apparently home to the largest Turkish supermarket in Sydney and has a large Turkish community. At this point, I was experiencing a small bout of wanderlust blues (in particular, I was thinking about my trip in Turkey).

I first visited the Auburn Botanic Gardens and the Japanese Gardens. It was very cool seeing the peacocks in the garden!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Lunch was at Mado Cafe which is highly raved about online. I had manti which are Turkish dumplings. The food was different so in that respect it was nice, but the food was pretty nondescript.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

It was definitely very cool to see Turkish snacks that I had purchased whilst in Turkey on the shelf however the store was quite small which I didn't expect. But overall, it was a lovely day out and I got to see another part of Sydney that I haven't really been in before.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)