Wednesday 18 November 2015

Cafe Oratnek

When I ask people what to do in Sydney, invariably people end up rattling off a list of places to eat. Although this is usually not what I'm after, it does expose me to a variety of places that a) I haven't heard about or b) are the current 'popular' eateries.

Cafe Oratnek is a place that I have been hearing about and I decided to pop in for a visit with Mr Paella. It was a pretty miserable day when I visited which may have been a good thing actually since there wasn't a line! It's at a bit of an odd location; close to Prince Alfred Park or the giant Australia Post building on Cleveland Street.

Untitled

I ordered the soy chai latte which was alright. I just wish that places would actually use proper chai rather than chai mixes which does not compare to the real thing.

Untitled

My dish was the mashed 4 spring peas & beans, jamon serrano, spinach, kale, parmesan on toast with poached egg. I'm not really a peas kind-of-gal, but surprisingly I really liked it! The jamon was probably my favourite part of the dish. I also tried Mr Paella's soft shell crab burger (not pictured) and it was pretty good. My favourite was probably the chips. Super crunchy and beautifully flavoured.

Cafe Oratnek is well known for it's matcha dishes/drinks such as matcha latte, matcha lamington and also matcha french toast. I'm actually inclined to revisit to try other dishes which is a rarity for me!

Cafe Oratnek Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)