Wednesday 25 November 2015

GPO Cheese & Wine Room

For the past 5 years, I have walked past the GPO Building on Martin Place twice a day. However, it was only a few months ago when I realised that there are restaurants inside the building and it is connected to The Westin!

For Mr Paella's birthday dinner, I picked the GPO Cheese & Wine Room. When I had booked a few days prior, I had selected the number of people and also the seating location (tunnel rather than the main room). However when we arrived, the wait staff didn't have that additional information on hand which was a little annoying. Doesn't that defeat the whole point of making a reservation?

Untitled

The highlight of the night was the grilled prawns entree. I'm not a fan of seafood generally, but the prawns were really well seasoned.

Untitled

The mains were a little disappointing. We ordered the chicken spit roast w/ french fries and the mac & cheese with Italian sausage. Although the chicken was really nice, the french fries were okay. Not terrible, but they were effectively a better version of McDonald's fries. Comparable to a fresh batch of McDonald's fries in fact.

Untitled
The mac & cheese was a dish that I had been craving for a while and it wasn't creamy enough. It was a little watery actually.

It seems that the cheese fondue is quite popular there and, of course, the cheese boards. But I'm not entirely sure if I would revisit. The GPO Cheese & Wine Rooms seems more like a place I wouldn't mind eating at rather than a place on my list of places to eat at in the Sydney CBD.

Untitled
Ending the night with a walk around Circular Quay.

GPO Cheese and Wine Room Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)