Friday 6 November 2015

Colour Film: Sticky Shutter Problems

It is Fri-yay! It has been a long and tough week. Work has been quite unfulfilling and on top of that, a stupid my fellow grad made an incredibly selfish decision which has directly impacted me. But he is full of bloody excuses and acts as though he has done no wrong. On top of all that, I went to develop a roll of film and I came out feeling very unimpressed. Firstly, rude staff. Secondly, I have a massive scratch in my negatives. Luckily for them, the roll was already subpar so nothing was really ruined, but I was fuming. I know they scratched it when they were removing the film from the canister. Incompetence.

This roll of film wasn't the best. I was so disappointed. Unbeknownst to me, I have a sticky shutter and this has resulted in each frame to be half exposed. I actually don't know how long my camera has had this problem as I haven't developed a film from this camera since I was in Germany late last year. I have since shot around 5 rolls after that. I am a little worried that those rolls (when I do get around to developing) will all have the same problem. I have basically a brand new roll of film in there which means that I can't inspect the shutter. I have mentally written off that roll too. I just hope it was a very very recent problem.

Untitled
Helensburgh's Sri Venkateswara Temple. Very disappointed that this photo didn't come out. My first Hindu temple and an incredible experience.

Untitled
Live Italian music at Leichardt Italian festival a few weekends ago.

Untitled
Gnocchi!

Untitled

Untitled
Passive area! Brings me back to my childhood.

Untitled
Another shot that is ruined :(

Untitled
The sticky shutter isn't so noticeable in this shot. Maybe because it doesn't take up half the frame.

Untitled
Double exposure

What is funny is that I used to use textures like that for my icons and banners back in my Photoshop graphics days.

In other film news, I have purchased 10 x Kodak Tri-X 400 and 5 x Fujifilm Superia Xtra 200! I am still not a fan of Superia Xtra 400, and hopefully I enjoy 200 a little more (it was the cheapest colour film available on the site).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)