Wednesday 3 February 2016

Revolver Cafe

It is honestly hard to keep track of cafes in Sydney because new ones are always popping up. There are cafes that are quite popular and trendy for a few months (largely attributed to Instagram) and then they fade away a little. Revolver was a cafe that I had heard about a little a few years ago but never managed to visit until a few weekends ago.

Untitled
The chai latte was a little too spicy, but not in a good way.

Untitled
The Ultimate Cheeseburger | 16.5 | Beef patty, smoked mozzarella, beetroot, old school pickle, house made slaw with aioli, and BBQ sauce in a Sonoma bun with chat potatoes on the side

Untitled
Trout Rosti | 17.5 | House smoked, Tasmanian ocean trout on a corn rosti with smoky roast capsicum relish, baby spinach and avocado 

I ordered the trout rosti and it was disappointing. Firstly, the trout was cold which made me suspect that either a) it came from the fridge or b) was canned. I love potatoes and everyone who knows me knows that is pretty much the most defining thing about me. I thought that the corn rosti would include potatoes (as the term rosti would imply) but either the potato was almost non existent or it was just corn.

I also tried the Cheeseburger. The best part of that dish were the potatoes which were very close to perfection! The burger itself though was very average.

Overall, not a place that I would necessarily visit again unless I was in the area of Annadale.

Revolver Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)