Thursday 9 February 2017

Country Music Capital of Australia

Tamworth is a major regional city and is also known as the country music capital of Australia. I am a massive fan of country music and was so excited to find a country music radio station!!

New England Roadtrip

I did a quick visit to the iconic Big Golden Guitar before heading further north west to the small town of Manilla. Manilla is known as a hang-gliding and paragliding destination, however the only reason for my visit was due to the fact that this was my former colleague's hometown. No, it wasn't to visit him but I was just curious what the place was like. Honestly, that really is the explanation for most of why I do things - curiousity.

New England Roadtrip

New England Roadtrip
New England Roadtrip

It was a sweltering hot day at 35 degrees and although dry heat is better than humidity, I am just not built for anything above 27 degrees. I also went to Gunnedah [not pictured] due to its proximity and discovered it was a lot larger than what I thought. Gunnedah is the hometown of Miranda Kerr and it was always said that she hailed from a small country town. With a population of 8000 and the three major supermarkets [Coles, Woolworths and Aldi], it definitely wasn't that small.

On the drive back to Sydney, I stumbled upon a uniquely named lookout at Quirindi.

New England Roadtrip

New England Roadtrip

New England Roadtrip

I will be back to Quirindi late this year / early next as they have sunflower farms which bloom for a three week period.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)