Monday 6 February 2017

Chasing Waterfalls in NSW


Another year, another roadtrip! This was my first trip of 2017 and I decided to head to New England region in NSW. My roadtrip is mapped below.


I had been putting this roadtrip off for a while due to distance from Sydney however as I had the first week off from work I decided to make the most of my precious free time. Sadly the day on Waterfall Way was quite miserable weather-wise; it was raining on and off, overcast and foggy.

New England Roadtrip

My first stop was to Wonga Walk to see Crystal Shower Falls and Tristania Falls. It entailed a 6.6km return walk on a relatively easy track. It started to rain halfway through the track, however I was reasonably protected from the rain by the foliage.

New England Roadtrip
New England Roadtrip

New England Roadtrip

New England Roadtrip
Massive trees!

New England Roadtrip
Crystal Shower Falls

New England Roadtrip

New England Roadtrip
You could walk behind it!
New England Roadtrip

Next stop was Dangar Falls which was the main reason for my roadtrip. I had wanted to swim there however sadly it was quite a chilly day and I decided against it.

New England Roadtrip

New England Roadtrip
Ebor Falls

New England Roadtrip
Wollomombi Falls - sadly without any water. When there is water, it is the second tallest waterfall in Australia at a height of 220m / 720 ft.

I made a quick stop at Armidale for lunch and paid $6 for the most overpriced sandwich ever.

New England Roadtrip

Campsite for the night and I witnessed such a stunning sunset!

New England Roadtrip

New England Roadtrip

New England Roadtrip

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)