Tuesday 2 May 2017

Central West Roadtrip: Stargazing at Blue Mountains

The last leg of my roadtrip was a little uneventful. As I didn't want to partake in the standard traffic jam back to Sydney associated with every public holiday, I wanted to stay for the night at a place reasonably close to Sydney.

Central West Roadtrip
Henry Lawson Statue at Glenfall. Henry Lawson was a writer and poet.

Central West Roadtrip

Central West Roadtrip
Cowra lookout

Central West Roadtrip
Ben Hall Statue at Forbes (Bushranger). I am wanting to read up about bushrangers again as I have forgotten everything I learnt when I was in primary school. Ben Hall was killed by police when he was 27 years old. I am intrigued by the romanticised view of bushrangers considering they were outlaws.

I stayed at the base of the Blue Mountains (just outside of Lithgow). Unlike Condobolin, the stars weren't as incredible due to the proximity to Lithgow (and I think possibly Sydney as well). You can see in the shots, there is the yellow glow from light pollution.

Central West Roadtrip

Central West Roadtrip

Central West Roadtrip

Central West Roadtrip

Central West Roadtrip

And.... I think I have now officially visited all the places that I would want to visit in NSW and can reasonably reach! I still would love to visit Lightning Ridge and Broken Hill however they are a 9-13hr drive each way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)