Friday 9 June 2017

Hobart

Mount Wellington or Kunanyi is located 20 minutes away from Hobart CBD. After seeing photos by Jane and Leonie and also the film, Lion, I put it at the top of my 'must see' in Hobart.

Tasmania 2017
There are a few bushwalks to the top however I decided to take the easy option and drive up. The drive was a little windy however nothing scary (and this is coming from someone who drives a maximum of 3 times a year!).

Tasmania 2017

Tasmania 2017
Tasmania 2017
Snow from the night before!

I knew that it was going to be quite cold and windy at the top however I wasn't properly prepared. It was freezing! The car said it was 3 degrees however with the wind chill it was definitely below 0. A storm was brewing and visibility from the mountain was soon obscured by the fast moving clouds.

I didn't stay at the top for very long for fear that my car would be swept off the mountain by the wind.

Tasmania 2017
Taken from lower down (below the clouds)
Tasmania 2017

Tasmania 2017
Lunch at Machine Laundry Cafe.

I am actually heading to Hobart for most of next week for work! I have been quite vocal about the fact that I do not have a desire to return to Tasmania. Funnily enough 3 weeks into my new job, I was informed that they would be sending me down with my manager to the Hobart office. Being a work trip, I know I won't have much time to do anything touristy. However, I am hoping to eat at Honey Badger Cafe and also explore a little (in the dark)  more as I ran out of time on my last trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)