Wednesday 19 July 2017

Colour Film: Canberra

June 2017

June 2017

Canberra is the capital city of Australia and located in the Australian Capital Territory (ACT). The location of the capital city was decided in 1908 as a compromise between Sydney and Melbourne, the two largest cities. It is an entirely planned city designed by two American architects, making it one of the few entirely planned cities in the world! Workers in the ACT are among the highest paid (on average) in the entire country. Good ol' public servants.


June 2017
YouTube videos make it seem a lot easier to do double exposure on a manual camera. This frame has three shots unintentionally. You can see the rest of one of the frames on the first image of this post.

June 2017

Canberra has a fairly bad rap; general perception is that the city is incredibly boring. I used to think the same (sheep mentality) but after this trip I have changed my mind! Sure there isn't the nightlife and the other events that a larger city (Sydney or Melbourne) might have, but I genuinely don't feel it is that bad either.

June 2017
No idea why there is so much grain.

June 2017

June 2017

I enjoyed the slower pace and also the absence of crowds. Admittedly, it was a little strange when half the roads were deserted. I strangely really enjoyed the planned nature of the city and was constantly amused about how wide the roads were! (Roads in Sydney are tiny considering the volume of cars that use them).

June 2017

June 2017

The weather during my visit was perfect; it was the first time I had properly felt the cold in years! I might be in the minority, but I am not a fan of summers and waking up to 0-1 in the morning felt amazing.

June 2017

June 2017

June 2017

June 2017
View from Telstra Tower

I also have no idea why this roll of film had so much grain compared to my first roll. Not sure if it was a me problem, camera problem or developing person problem.

Shot on Pentax SP1000 with Fuji Superia 200.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)