Friday 7 July 2017

Uloola Falls & Karloo Pools

Untitled

Last weekend I went for a bushwalk at the Royal National Park from Waterfall Station to Heathcote Station. It was 11.3km track and the main attractions were the Uloola Falls and Karloo Pools.

Untitled

Untitled
BanksiaUntitled
They are so cute!

The track was relatively easy to follow although there were some sections that were more obscure and the foliage was a little overgrown. It also didn't help that everything was at face-height for me!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
Spot the waterfall! I couldn't see the path down to get to the bottom.

It was a fairly chilly day, by Sydney standards, and I spent half the walk being quite cold and the other half sweating when I was walking uphill.

Untitled

Untitled
My eye-level

Untitled

Untitled
School students on an overnight camping trip. I can't believe they jumped into the pool! It was freezing!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
Scribbly Gum

I think walking from Waterfall to Heathcote was the easier direction although there was quite an incline near the end. Nonetheless a relatively enjoyable 3.5 hour walk that I would recommend.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

On a tangentially related note, I have been making a conscious effort to reincorporate the term bushwalk into my vocabulary. The constant exposure to all things American (tv shows, movies, Youtubers) has resulted in the adoption of the term hiking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)