Friday 18 August 2017

Adventures in Sydney: Kurnell

Kurnell

Last weekend, my boyfriend and I headed down south to Kurnell. Kurnell is where Captain Cook first landed in 1770 and thus triggered the whole process of European settlement. Despite it being such an important place, I had never visited! The general areas is a bit odd; Botany Bay houses Sydney's (very small) port and Kurnell is also home to Caltex's giant oil refinery.

Kurnell
Another weekend, another picnic.

Kurnell
Made a little friend - as always don't feed the wildlife.
We did the walk from the picnic area to Cape Solander. It was a very easy walk (2km each way) and it was just lovely to be back in nature. Well minus the constant stream of planes taking off and landing.

Kurnell

Kurnell

Kurnell

Kurnell
Not a massive fan of my Sigma lens; the slowness of the AF is frustrating and manual focus is odd as there is no hard stop. It goes on and on and on...

Kurnell

Kurnell

Cape Solander is named after Swedish botanist Daniel Solander who arrived at Botany Bay with Captain Cook. It is apparently one of the best whale watching spots, although we didn't see any whales that day. What we did see was quite a few people carrying a carton of beer. I overheard this young woman comment, "I don't like how the rocks have formed". I guess she better write a letter to Mother Nature.

Kurnell

Kurnell
All it needs is someone to sit on the edge - I think a definite Instagram worthy shot.

Kurnell

Kurnell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)