Monday 27 November 2017

Adventures in Sydney: Jacaranda Hunting

Jacaranda

Jacaranda

Every year, I patiently await the bloom of the jacaranda trees. And every year, I am in awe of the beauty of the purple flowers. It brings me so much joy to spot them on my commute to and from work.
Jacaranda is actually the genus of 49 different species. They are native to South America and thrive in tropical and subtropical regions. The flowers appear in spring till early summer. The ones in this post are blue jacaranda or jacaranda mimosifolia.

Jacaranda

Jacaranda

Jacaranda

Jacaranda

Surprisingly, this is the first year that I have made an attempt to photograph them. I have always thought, 'I'll do it later', and then before I know it, the purple has transitioned to green. But not this year! Too often, I postpone things thinking that I will have time later. But time is finite and how much I have is unknown.

Jacaranda

Jacaranda

Jacaranda

Jacaranda

It was liberating having no planned route but to simply meander around the streets of Woolhara and Paddington in search of purple. It became my own little scavenger hunt where, if I saw a glimpse of purple, I would instantly head towards that general direction.

Jacaranda

Jacaranda

Till next year my purple friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)