Thursday 19 April 2018

Intangible Goods


Art & About installed an installation, 'Intangible Goods' in Sydney CBD a few weeks ago. It was a vending machine that contained various packets based on the top psychological and emotional needs of Sydneysiders. Read more about the results of the survey.

I purchased Bravery and Connection.





Ingredients: Presence (40%), Attentiveness (20%), Listening (18%), Trust in Yourself (12%), Faith in Others (8%), Permission to Fail (2%)

Sometimes it feels like you're the only one without a friend in the world - but there are many others who feel the same, and connection is just a conversation away. 

Ingredients: Guts (33%), Gall (27%), Grit (19%), Liqueur Courage (6%), Hope (5%), Tenacity (5%), Optimism (4%), Joy (1%)

We all have worries that fix us in place - but every fear has a flipside often grounded in a hope for oneself or the future. 

Each packet was $2 and the proceeds went to various mental health organisations.

I thought that this was such a cool and interesting concept. Over the past few years, I have been thinking more and more about what I want and need in life. Good ol' Maslow's hierarchy of needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)