Wednesday 16 December 2015

Jah Bar

For my early birthday dinner, I went to a tapas place in my area. As multicultural as Sydney is, I find that certain cuisines dominate particular suburbs which can be a little annoying when I don't want to trek out too far for dinner. My area of Sydney has a lot of burgers, pizzas and the occasional Thai. So I was quite surprised to discover that there was tapas nearby! I've eaten at The Strand at Dee Why many times now and never noticed this place.

This was my friend's first time eating tapas and I haven't eaten tapas in a very long time so we were quite excited.

Untitled
Sweet potato // $15
wood fired with honey, smoked paprika, oregano and confit garlic

Untitled
Cider glazed chorizo // $17
with toasted almond picada

Moroccan braised Lamb // $18
slow roasted, pulled apart & put back together

I didn't take a photo of the Moroccan braised lamb unfortunately! My favourite was the sweet potatoes; the honey made it so incredible tasty.

Jah Bar was an interesting place. We were seated at the bar and could see the wood fire oven and the staff assemble some of the tapas. Like a lot of other places at The Strand, it's a little expensive however I wouldn't mind going again someday. Especially interested to go during warmer nights and sit outside by the ocean.

Jah Bar Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)