Saturday 5 December 2015

BW Film: Sticky Shutter Problems Round Two


Hopefully this is the last roll with this sticky shutter problem as I still have two underdeveloped rolls from Europe. This was my first go at developing and it didn't go so well. Both my rolls were underdeveloped which is a little heartbreaking. But what is even more heartbreaking is that the shots I was most looking forward to had the most severe shutter problem. Seriously. That hurts. I have another camera that doesn't have this problem, but I have been feeling a little frustrated and disheartened with film which is why I have been shooting with digital again. So many things can go wrong which you don't know until you have it in your hands. The film might be crap. Check. The camera might have a problem. Check. The person developing it can be incompetent. Check. My lack of developing skills results in shit photos. Check. Check. Check.

As mentioned above, I underdeveloped my roll and I had to do a lot of Photoshop-ing on all the photos. The photos aren't sharp, the grain is out of this world and the details in the lighter areas are almost non existent. I can only improve I suppose. But those lost shots really bring me down.

Untitled

Untitled
The grain on that shirt is crazy.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
This one breaks my heart.

Untitled
This one too.

Untitled
See the loss in detail?

Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)