Thursday 16 June 2016

Blue Mountains

This post is from mid April and is about my trip to the Blue Mountains.

After breakfast at Henri Marc, we headed to Wentforth Falls in the Blue Mountains. The last time I visited was - surprisingly- in 2012! I hadn't actually realised it was that long ago! The aim for the day was to do a short walk at Wentworth Falls. I am a hiker and I love it; unfortunately Mr Paella is not quite the hiker / outdoor-sy kind of person. I don't mind it generally, however it does make it a little difficult when we are doing something together. Something that is deemed a Grade 1 (very easy) is right up his alley whereas I don't really look at any hike that is below a Grade 3 (moderate / hard). I enjoy hikes that are at least 9km round trip whereas he is more comfortable with 1km. For Wentworth Falls, we were just going to walk to the bottom and then back up the death stairs.

Untitled

Untitled
Untitled

Untitled
Sadly there wasn't much water in the falls.

Untitled
I can't believe that they carved this back in the day! Scary!

Untitled

Untitled

I don't have a good photo of the stairs; was too focussed on not dying. But it is intense. Surprisingly, it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be (I had mentally prepared myself for the worst since I remembered it being very difficult when I did it in 2012). Sadly, Mr Paella disagreed with me. Whoops.

After the walk, we headed to the famous Three Sisters at Katoomba.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
These kind of people make me so angry! How dumb are people just to have that 'good' photo. Seriously, can't have good things in life because there are too many idiots in the world. A few years ago, someone died at Wentworth Falls because they walked off the path, slipped and then fell off the waterfall which is 100m high.

The traffic back to Sydney was pretty horrific and we stopped at Lincoln's Rock to watch the sunset and to hope that the traffic would ease a little.

Untitled
A lot of people sit on the edge however I was too scared. It's a drop of maybe <4m so it is not a true cliff face but rather just gives the illusion of it. But 4m is still too high for me.

Untitled

Untitled

It was super peaceful and a lovely way to round up the day.

This was my seventh trip as part of #take12trips. To see previous trips please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)