Tuesday 14 June 2016

Henri Marc

This review is a massive throwback! I visited Henri Marc on the way to the Blue Mountains back in mid April.

The cafe was quite busy at 8am when I visited and it was very quirky! It honestly looked like it used to be a garage of some sort, converted into a cafe. The coolest part was their sink which was made from a re-purposed gas cylinder. I was seated at the bar and had a great view of the kitchen!

Untitled
The table was so high that the bar stools all had an extra 30cm added to the legs for the extra height. Never been seated so high up ever! 

Untitled


I ordered a soy flat white and Mr Paella ordered some pomegranate soda (it was honestly so long ago and I can't seem to find the menu). The soda was very tart on it's own, however when it was combined with his dish it complimented the heaviness perfectly.

Untitled

Untitled

I ordered the salmon eggs benedict and it was absolutely beautiful! The hollandaise sauce was so rich and creamy and the salmon was perfectly cured. I also really liked how we were given steak knives that could easily cut through the toasted sourdough. Places need to do this more often!

Untitled

Mr Paella ordered a mushroom, chorizo and sweet potato plate and it was also very delicious. It was a lot heavier than what I would have expected so the tartness of his drink was much needed.

Untitled

Overall, I was really surprised by this place. If I am ever in Penrith, I would be sure to visit again.

Henri Marc Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)