Thursday 9 June 2016

Buttercup

Buttercup is a Dee Why cafe that opened up earlier this year. I have walked past it numerous times as it is on my weekly walking route and I had always wanted to give it a try.

I popped in for breakfast last week and immediately enjoyed the bright décor - especially the yellow! It is very modern and quite different to the other cafes at Dee Why. It is located a bit further away from the rest of the restaurants at The Strand and is where the old Indian restaurant and laundromat was located.

Untitled

Untitled

The breakfast menu is quite simple and small. I ordered the Salmon plate and a juice that I cannot remember the name of anymore and cannot find on their menu.

Untitled
From memory it had carrot and ginger. I would have preferred it to have a stronger kick of ginger, but I still enjoyed it nevertheless. 

Untitled

Untitled

I was so amazed when my food came! There was so much salmon and avocado (I hate it when places scrimp on things like that). The amount of salmon was what actually surprised me and that it was so thick too! It was beautifully presented and I thoroughly enjoyed the entire dish. My only gripe (and it is something I have with almost all cafes) is that a normal bread knife isn't sharp enough to cut through toasted sourdough bread comfortably! 

I definitely want to revisit this place and it is open from 7am - 10pm daily, so I may visit one day for dinner. 

Buttercup  Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)