Tuesday 4 October 2016

Adventures in Sydney: Hornsby Blue Gum Walk


It is finally Spring here in Sydney and I am loving it. Interspersed between the warm days, there are still cool days. I am not a fan of summer and the stifling heat is unbearable. This is also the best time to go on hikes as the days are getting longer and you don't end up a sweaty mess. I have plans to do two day hikes at the Royal National Park in the coming few months so to get back into the swing of things I decided to complete the relatively easy Blue Gum Walk at Hornsby.

At a 6.7km circuit, it isn't the most strenuous hike in my opinion, despite it being rated as a 4 on Wild Walks. There was a bit of uphill but nothing too horrible.


Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

The last 1km of the walk was on the main road which was at an incline of 45 degrees! On Google Maps, I saw a small walkway and thought, 'hey, it would be a good idea to take a shortcut'. I didn't take any photos but it really was not a path. I climbed up a ladder that was resting on a rock (just casually) and ended up quickly running through someone's backyard to get to the other side. Whoops.

I am really looking forward to the hiking season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)