Wednesday 2 September 2015

Adventures in Sydney: Auburn Cherry Blossom Festival

It is now officially Spring in Sydney which is crazy! I can't believe that there are only 4 months left in 2015. I remember when I was a kid and a year felt like a really long time. And I didn't believe it when the grown ups would say, "oh this year is flying by". Aside from the fact that I can't believe that I am a grown up now, I completely understand the sentiment.

I visited Auburn Botanical Gardens 4 weeks ago and last weekend, I went for the Cherry Blossom Festival. My mate is from Auburn and as a resident he gets free entry (non residents pay $5) so I was his +1/ they let me go in with him. It was a little underwhelming but it was very cute seeing the little kids dressed up. In fact, quite a few people were dressed up for the day which I didn't expect.

Cherry Blossoms Festival - Auburn 2015

Cherry Blossoms Festival - Auburn 2015

Cherry Blossoms Festival - Auburn 2015

Cherry Blossoms Festival - Auburn 2015

I still largely believe that Sydney is quite boring. But for 2015 I have been on a mission to see as much of Sydney as I can. My next outing will be to Cabramatta Moon Festival. I haven't been to Cabra for well over a decade and I am not a fan of moon cake either so this may seem a little odd. But like I always say: why not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)