Tuesday 29 September 2015

BW Film: Edinburgh & Dublin

After a few years, I have finally invested in a decent 35mm negative scanner. It is actually amazing, although it did cost me over $300. Yikes. When I went for my 2 month Grad trip in 2014/2015, I took my Canon Rebel Ti (300V) and a few rolls of film. When I was in Berlin, I got 3/6 rolls developed and nearly 10 months later I have scanned those ones in!

These are all shot with my Canon Rebel Ti with Kodak Tri-X 400.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled


Untitled
One of the many reasons why I love this camera, it allows me to easily take multiple exposures.

From this first batch, it is quite evident to me that there will be a learning curve for me. Firstly, I need to figure out my ideal settings for the scanner (what resolution do I really need). Secondly, I need to think about my shots a little more carefully with special emphasis on what it will look like in black and white. A few of my shots are quite flat (not pictured), a consequence of being black and white, but I am super eager to have more of a play with my camera.

I was a little hesitant to take my film overseas as I had to go through a lot of bag scanners and it was a little nerve wrecking knowing that each pass could/would subject my film to damage. Luckily, I don't see any damage to the rolls developed (although I still have 3 yet to be developed which was subjected to even more X-rays) however it does appear my negatives are quite scratched. I'm not sure if it happened in the manner it is currently stored or during development.

I really do love film.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)