Saturday 30 April 2016

Mount Tomaree & Kayaking

Shortly after sunrise, Mr Paella and I headed up Mount Tomaree which was a reasonably easy hike to the lookout. It was a 45min walk up however wasn't as challenging as some other lookouts (namely Barrenjoey Headland in Sydney which is a short 15 minute walk but quite strenuous). It was at the lookout that I truly realised and remembered how beautiful Australia can be. The view was breathtaking. The coolest part was seeing an elderly woman (probably 60+) who was slowly making her way up to the lookout. I want to be her when I am older.

Untitled

Untitled

After the hike and breakfast, we headed to Hawks Nest for some kayaking. The last time I kayaked was in South Carolina. As much as I do enjoy kayaking, I am quite unfit and with virtually 0 upper body strength so it is quite challenging to put it mildly.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

It was a lovely experience going through mangroves and trying to dodge all the oysters. So many oysters! As expected, I was so tired after the kayak and scoffed 5 pfeffernuesse within the span of a few minutes. Whoops. But I really do love them so much.

Untitled
View from Bennetts Beach. Absolutely breathtaking with the finest sand I have ever walked on.
Untitled

Untitled

During the drive to Solider Point to watch the sunset, it started to pour which was quite surprising considering it was so sunny the entire day. However, it did make for very spectacular photos and the sunset was a lot better than what I expected. It really affirmed that I need to go and do things with an open mind. We could have left instead of waiting for the rain to pass and then we would have pissed the sunset. It wasn't a spectacular sunset but due to the moisture in the air, the light diffused in an absolutely gorgeous manner.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

This was my fifth trip as part of #take12trips. To see previous trips please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)