Saturday 23 April 2016

Riverina Roadtrip - Mount Wilson

This was my last day on my Easter trip (it has taken me a while to write all these posts...) and I knew that I would spend the rest of my trip driving back to Sydney. My aim was to beat the usual long weekend rush back and thus I aimed to hit Sydney at around midday.

First stop was heading to the highest point in Bathurst to watch the sunrise however I couldn't figure out how to get to the top of Mount Panorama and only managed to get to the bottom of it. It was such a gorgeous sunrise as the photos below show.

Untitled


Untitled

Untitled
My vantage point

After the sunrise it was off to start my relatively short journey back to Sydney via the Blue Mountains.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

As I did have some spare time, I turned onto the road for Mount Wilson and drove the narrow and long road to Mount Wilson. It was actually where I wanted to visit back when I was on my Blue Mountains trip last year but didn't manage to get to due to the weather. Sadly, there was similar weather.

Untitled

Untitled

Another quick stop was at Bilpin's Pie in the Sky. I used to work at a pie shop and I am quite a big fan of them. I have to say that this place had amazing pies and probably the best I have ever had. Highly recommend!

Untitled
This was so long ago, I can't remember what I ordered. I think a chunky beef + cheese? Maybe it also had tomato? Not sure. 

Untitled
Apple Pie

I had a fabulous time on my Easter trip. It was just so refreshing to be out of Sydney, to be travelling again and free of responsibilities. Yes, I sound so adult right now. This was the first trip I had since I started working full time in July and my last holiday was at the end of June. I didn't do or see all that I wanted and yes I spent the majority of my time in the car driving, but it was just ... perfect. I went back to work the following day with the biggest post holiday glow, but sadly that only lasted for one day. Till next time!

This is my fourth trip as part of #take12trips. To see previous trips please click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)