Saturday 16 April 2016

Riverina Roadtrip - Forbes

For my last full day, I wanted to eventually end up sleeping the night at a place close-ish to Sydney. My reason was so the drive back wouldn't be too long and I would be able to beat the usual end of long weekend traffic back to Sydney. Subsequently I settled on sleeping at a free campground at Bathurst. It isn't accurate to call this and the next few posts as Riverina roadtrip since I left the Riverina region on this day.

The 240km drive from Ariah Park to Peak Hill was actually really enjoyable. I really enjoy waking up at sunrise and driving since the roads are quiet, the day hasn't started for a lot of people and it is just so peaceful. It also means that I can reduce the car's speed to a crawl or even stop it completely in my lane without fear of being hit by a car behind me.



Untitled
I think it is just incredible that so so many years ago, all these small towns were just connected by the railway. Next to almost every single one of these now defunct stations are massive grain silos.

Untitled
I also made a little friend on the road.

Enroute to Peak Hill, I stopped at Forbes for a quick toilet break and to stretch my legs. The town of Forbes is in the central west region of NSW and has a population of around 8000. A very big town compared to the ones I had visited the day prior! It was also quite a pretty town.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

This is my fourth trip as part of #take12trips. To see previous trips please click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)